[BwayDems] Fwd: Putting the House Majority on the Record

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 20:59:30 EST 2017

March 8, 2017
Click here
<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/news/email/show.aspx?ID=Z5MPA3CVK5FYZRIFT6XT3TKQNA>
if you have trouble viewing this email
[image: U.S. Representative Jerrold Nadler]
* Putting the House Majority on the Record*
Each day, more questions arise concerning the President’s foreign business
entanglements and connections to Russia. My Democratic colleagues and I
have issued repeated requests for hearings and investigations, yet our
calls have been met with deafening silence. The House Majority has
continued to ignore what I feel are the President’s potential conflicts of
interest and so we had to take action.

On February 28, the House Judiciary Committee considered my Resolution of
Inquiry (H. Res. 111) that directed the DOJ to provide the House of
Representatives with any and all information relevant to an inquiry into
President Trump and his associates’ conflicts of interest, ethical
violations—including the Emoluments Clause—and connections and contacts
with Russia. Unfortunately, it was defeated in a party line vote (18 – 16).
Click here to watch the video
<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468628-40848596>
.

Not a single Republican on the committee voted in favor of our simple
request for information to the DOJ on these matters, nor did they support
two amendments to my resolution; the first of which would have included any
communications between the White House and the FBI, and the second
requested legal opinions from the DOJ on when the Attorney General should
recuse himself from ongoing investigations. With the continuing revelations
of undisclosed contacts with the Russian government, the need for an
investigation is more apparent than ever.

My resolution was the first time Members of Congress had to vote on
legislation concerning an investigation into the President, and it won’t be
the last. I have been in discussions with my Democratic colleagues to
introduce similar resolutions on other House committees so we can continue
to get Members on the record. We want the American people to know where
their representatives stand; in favor of an objective, bi-partisan
investigation or continuing to cover up what I feel are the President’s
dangerous and potentially illegal conflicts of interest. Please be assured,
I will continue to keep the pressure on them to conduct a thorough and
objective investigation of these serious issues.

*Get Updates in Real Time*
Want to check out more of my work fighting for common-sense public safety
standards and LGBT equality? Make sure to follow me on Twitter
<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468629-40848596>
as well as on Facebook
<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468630-40848596>,
YouTube
<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468631-40848596>,
and Flickr
<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468632-40848596>,
where you can see more of my work on these and other issues.
Sincerely,

<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468633-40848596>
<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468634-40848596>
REACT
<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468635-40848596>
Let me know where you stand on the issues. *Click here!*
<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468636-40848596>
CONNECT

[image: facebook]
<https://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468637-40848596>