[BwayDems] Fwd: Speaking Out Against President-elect Trump's Extremist Nominees

Pat Almonrode palmonrode at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 12:35:59 EST 2017

January 13, 2017
Click here
<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/news/email/show.aspx?ID=A67FTWFIDGOYVYQKHZYCEMUFGQ>
if you have trouble viewing this email
[image: U.S. Representative Jerrold Nadler]
*Speaking Out Against President-elect Trump's *
*Extremist Nominees *
<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468406-40848596>
Last night, I spoke on the House floor during a Congressional Progressive
Caucus Special Order Hour to address the extremist nominees being put
forward by President-elect Donald Trump. As I said in my statement, this
new Administration represents a philosophy that seeks to corrupt if not
fully destroy our institutions, traditions, and values.

Having served in Congress for nearly 25 years, I have seen this body take
on the big questions of our time – the role of government in the lives of
every day Americans, the threat of terrorism in the city I call home and
around the country, the right of every American to marry who they love, to
vote free of intimidation, to make their own health care choices. That is
why I refuse to give up, and I will do everything in my power to represent
the strong progressive values of the men and women who sent me here. Click
<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468407-40848596>
Here
<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468408-40848596>
to view the full video of my speech.
*A Reform Agenda to Fight Back*
Yesterday, I joined the Democracy Reform Task Force, a group initiated by
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Chaired by Congressman John Sarbanes. The
focus of the new Task Force is to confront the Trump Administration’s
conflicts of interest and ethical violations, expose the Republican
special-interest agenda, and promote the House Democrats’ *Securing Our
Democracy*
<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468409-40848596>
reform agenda.

Donald Trump’s continued failure to fully clear his business conflicts or
fully disclose his assets is a dangerous signal that this Administration
will have little regard for the law. We face a situation where, without Mr.
Trump addressing his conflicts or taking the necessary steps to provide
transparency and separate himself from any ethical misconduct, we cannot be
certain that American interests are safe from subjugation or subversion. I
am proud to be joining the Democracy Reform Task Force, which will hold
President Trump and the Republicans accountable for their conduct, and
raise these important issues on behalf of the American people.
Sincerely,

<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468410-40848596>
<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468411-40848596>
<http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/news/email/show.aspx?ID=A67FTWFIDGOYVYQKHZYCEMUFGQ&t=Speaking+Out+Against+President-elect+Trump%27s+Extremist+Nominees>
<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/twitter.aspx?url=http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/news/email/show.aspx?ID=A67FTWFIDGOYVYQKHZYCEMUFGQ&name=Speaking+Out+Against+President-elect+Trump%27s+Extremist+Nominees>
REACT
<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468412-40848596>
Let me know where you stand on the issues. *Click here!*
<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468413-40848596>
CONNECT

[image: facebook]
<http://jerroldnadler.house.gov/Components/Redirect/r.aspx?ID=468414-40848596>