[BwayDems] Fwd: Jeff Sessions is unfit to serve as the next U.S. Attorney General

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Tue Jan 10 14:29:53 EST 2017

  The Senate just began confirmation hearings on Donald Trump’s pick for U.S. Attorney General--Jeff Sessions. We must do everything possible to ensure the Senate rejects his nomination.   Jeff Sessions' track record is disturbingly clear:
   -  Jeff Sessions opposes equal pay for women and voted against the Paycheck Fairness Act as a U.S. Senator. Even worse, Sessions opposed reasonable protections for the victims of domestic abuse, voting against the Violence Against Women Act.

   -  Jeff Sessions rejects the single most important voting rights law in modern American history. He once called the Voting Rights Act--which finally ended the worst forms of African-American voter suppression--”intrusive legislation.” As Attorney General, Jeff Sessions would be charged with enforcing that law. With Republican Governors doing everything in their power to suppress minority voter turnout, we cannot afford to confirm an Attorney General who will fail to enforce essential voting rights.

   -  Jeff Sessions fiercely opposes the federal hate crime law that protects vulnerable populations like the LGBT community. Federal hate crime law mandates that the Attorney General -- or his designee -- sign off on all criminal prosecutions brought under the federal hate crime law. If confirmed as Attorney General, Jeff Sessions will be in a position to effectively veto any hate crime prosecutions. Given the recent increase in hate crimes and hate-inspired incidents across the country since November, we need an Attorney General who will aggressively enforce -- rather than fight against -- our country's hate crime laws.
 Anyone with this track record is unqualified to lead the United States Department of Justice.  Sign my petition calling on the United States Senate to reject the nomination of Senator Jeff Sessions to serve as our nation’s next U.S. Attorney General.  The fight to stop Senator Sessions confirmation is an uphill battle, but by sticking together and raising our voices, we just might have a shot.  All my best,  Eric Schneiderman  ADD YOUR NAME

| Paid for by Schneiderman 2018 |

     Schneiderman 2018
82 Nassau St STE 250
New York NY 10038 United States