[BwayDems] Stop secret trade deals

Eric Weltman eweltman at fwwatch.org
Tue Feb 10 10:10:35 EST 2015

[http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg]
[http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg]     [Food & Water Watch] <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=LlQ6pGu_UmEpEbyKUM9STA>         [http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/email_topbar.jpg]

Don't Let Corporations Rewrite Our Laws
Tell Your Members of Congress to Stop Pro-Corporate Trade Deals!<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=_SZtUNl52sPOsVolsWS30Q>

[http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.gif]

The TPP Helps Corporations
and Hurts Us

[TPP Rally #NoFastTrack]

Take Action:
Send a Message to Reject the TPP
<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=1PD8Po0EyiKtGadmhGvhrQ>

Dear Friend,

No matter what threat to food and drinking water you care most about, the TPP trumps it all.

Congress is ramping up efforts to pass pro-corporate trade deals like the TPP, so we're getting ready to push back with everything we've got. To do that, we need your help: send a message to your members of Congress to reject secret trade deals.<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=XXuCatxC58L_kgQPBuGyCg>

Trade deals like the TPP (the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or "NAFTA on steroids") are known to hurt workers and our environment. Jobs would be sent overseas, more unsafe food would be imported and fracking would be promoted. And most troubling of all? Corporations could sue local governments for putting regulations in place that hurt their profits — and not even within our own court system. Secretive international trade tribunals could dictate whether or not we can ban fracking or label GMOs in our own communities.

If you agree that the TPP is as terrible as it sounds, we need your help to make sure it doesn't move any further. Help stop fast track approval today by telling your members of Congress that you don't want any secret trade deals.
<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=rJLwDH-vJlgiredigbT8lQ>
We're gearing up our efforts to stop the TPP, but we're up against powerful opposition. This secret trade deal has been negotiated by some of the world's richest corporations, behind closed doors. The first step to stop the TPP is to kill the Fast Track bill that would speed up the process and limit the public even further from having a say in whether or not the U.S. enters into this bad, pro-corporate trade agreement.

Even though we're up against powerful corporate interests in the fight against the TPP, we have a strategy to win. We defeated attempts to fast track the TPP last year, and we'll do it again with your help. Every single member of Congress needs to hear from their constituents on this.<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=s_cAQg3IE2zsSJSYcUq2dg>

The actions we take individually add up to a powerful movement when we all act together.

Thanks for all you do,

[Miranda Carter]

Miranda Carter
National Online Campaign Manager
Food & Water Watch
act(at)fwwatch(dot)org

[http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg]
[http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg]
Donate »<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=hI76_W3AzQCEFcBsL7UnzA>
VIEW ONLINE<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=1G9EMq6j-xixLG1O8sA0bA>  •  VISIT OUR WEBSITE<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=K3sUWWqAKodmFUsdLbY6pQ>  •  CONTACT US<http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=BJw-oPI3Md_qkzAgKh0OeA>  •  SHARE THIS:
        [On Facebook] <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=vixSpl4Re0gagYAtziGlJQ>        [On Twitter] <http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/site/R?i=C8QbmkBDpwVdkWonEgfViQ>
        [http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg]
[http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/email_bottombar.jpg]    [http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg]
[http://act.foodandwaterwatch.org/images/stationary/fww-general/spacer.jpg]

FOOD & WATER WATCH • 1616 P STREET NW, SUITE 300
WASHINGTON, DC 20036 • TEL: (202) 683-2500

Eric Weltman
Senior Organizer
Food & Water Watch
68 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
718-943-9085
eweltman at fwwatch.org<mailto:eweltman at fwwatch.org>
www.foodandwaterwatch.org<http://www.foodandwaterwatch.org>

Call Governor Cuomo
to THANK HIM for banning fracking: 866-961-3208