[BwayDems] FOR YOUR INFORMATION

Gretchen Borges gborges370 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 08:24:26 EDT 2014

From:
Tenants Political Action Committee
277 Broadway, Suite 608
New York, New York 10007
www.tenantspac.org

Help Tenants PAC elect pro-tenant candidates: Join our phone bank.

On Tuesday and Thursday evenings, volunteers recruited by
Tenants Political Action Committee will phone bank into the
Bronx and Queens on behalf of two pro-tenant candidates,
Oliver Koppell and John Liu.

The phone bank will operate from 6:00 pm to 8:45 pm on the
following evenings:
*Thursday July 31            Tuesday August 19*
*Tuesday August 5            Thursday August 21*
*Thursday August 7          Tuesday August 26*
*Tuesday August 12          Thursday August 28*
*Thursday August 14        Tuesday September 2*
*                                       Thursday September 4*

*LOCATION: **50 West 97th Street, Community Room,*
*Ground Floor, *between Central Park West & Columbus Avenue
Thanks to the Central Park Gardens Tenants Assn. for their hospitality.
(Tell the door person that you are there for the Tenants Association
meeting.)

We are phoning Democratic voters who live in rent-stabilized apartments in
the 34th State Senate District (Bronx/Westchester) to identify voters who
say they will vote for Oliver Koppell. And we are phoning Democratic voters
who live in rent-stabilized apartments in the 11th SSD
(northeastern Queens) to I.D. voters who will support John Liu.

You will need to bring your cell phone, and make sure it is charged.
Tenants PAC will furnish script and call sheets.

Oliver Koppell is challenging pro-landlord incumbent Jeff Klein in the
Tuesday, September 9 Democratic primary. John Liu is challenging incumbent
Tony Avella. Klein and Avella are both members of the “Independent
Democratic Conference” that has allowed the Republicans to control the
State Senate during
the last two years, thus condemning pro-tenant bills and other
progressive legislation to limbo. In addition, Klein is an operative for
the real estate lobby.

*For information or to volunteer:*
*Michael McKee*
*(917) 669-2977*
*mmckee at tenantspac.org  *

*It is not necessary to RSVP, but it is a good idea to check with Michael
before setting **out for the phone bank.*