[BwayDems] FOR YOUR INFORMATION

LizSostre at aol.com LizSostre at aol.com
Wed Jul 30 21:19:51 EDT 2014

From:
Tenants Political Action  Committee
277 Broadway, Suite  608
New  York, New York 10007
_www.tenantspac.org_ (http://www.tenantspac.org/)

Help Tenants PAC elect pro-tenant candidates: Join our phone bank.

On Tuesday and Thursday evenings, volunteers  recruited by
Tenants Political Action Committee will phone bank  into the
Bronx and Queens on behalf  of two pro-tenant candidates,
Oliver Koppell and John  Liu.

The phone bank will operate from 6:00 pm to 8:45 pm  on the
following evenings:
Thursday July  31            Tuesday  August 19
Tuesday August  5            Thursday  August 21
Thursday August  7          Tuesday August  26
Tuesday August  12          Thursday August  28
Thursday August  14        Tuesday September  2
                                       Thursday  September 4

LOCATION: 50 West 97th Street, Community Room,
Ground Floor, between Central Park West & Columbus Avenue
Thanks to the Central Park Gardens Tenants Assn. for  their hospitality.
(Tell the door person that you are there for the  Tenants Association
meeting.)

We are phoning Democratic voters who live in  rent-stabilized apartments in
the 34th State Senate District  (Bronx/Westchester) to identify voters who
say they will vote for  Oliver Koppell. And we are phoning Democratic voters
who live in  rent-stabilized apartments in the 11th SSD (northeastern
Queens) to  I.D. voters who will support John Liu.

You will need to bring your cell phone, and make sure  it is charged.
Tenants PAC will furnish script and call  sheets.

Oliver Koppell is challenging pro-landlord incumbent  Jeff Klein in the
Tuesday, September 9 Democratic primary. John Liu  is challenging incumbent
Tony Avella. Klein and Avella are both  members of the “Independent Democratic
Conference” that has allowed  the Republicans to control the State Senate
during
the last two years, thus condemning pro-tenant bills  and other progressive
legislation to limbo. In addition, Klein is  an operative for the real
estate lobby.

For information or to  volunteer:
Michael McKee
(917)  669-2977
_mmckee at tenantspac.org_ (mailto:mmckee at tenantspac.org)

It is not necessary to RSVP, but it is a good idea  to check with Michael
before setting out for the phone  bank.