[BwayDems] Valentine's Day in June?

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Fri Feb 14 13:47:30 EST 2014

Dear Friend,

On February 14th, we celebrate Valentine’s Day-- a day for loved ones. But for thousands of New Yorkers, it is June 21st that has become a much more meaningful day. On this day, New York stood up and said once and for all -- you can marry whomever you love. All around the state, we worked hand in hand, channeled our common humanity, and passed the Marriage Equality Act. More than two years later, thousands of LGBT couples have gotten married in New York, each with their own story and history.

To celebrate marriage equality, we are creating a wedding album for New York. Do you have a wedding photo or a story you’d like to add?
We’re creating a wedding album for New York State – to show the rest of the world what love, and progressive leadership, looks like. Leadership means action and while we have equality in New York, there are still 34 states and many more countries around the world that still need to bring about social justice and equality. I believe that one story can change a mind, a heart, a state and a nation. We need your help. Whether you’re gay or straight, please join us in creating a wedding album for equality.

Do you have a #NYLoveStory or wedding story you’d like to share? Submit your photos and comments online or simply sign up and show your support.
We’d love to see your photos and showcase your story in our New York State Wedding Album. Let’s take a moment to celebrate what marriage equality has meant to our State and its citizens—our friends, family, and loved ones.
We have come such a long way in a few short years and I thank you for your commitment to making New York the progressive capital of the nation. This Valentine’s Day let’s honor the truth that New York has already embraced, that love is love.

Sincerely,
Rodney Capel
Executive Director
New York State Democratic Committee

P.S. Please submit your wedding stories and photos here. While we may not be able to publish every story, your story is special to us, and we'd love for you to share it.

Paid for by New York State Democratic Committee

120 Broadway, 32nd Floor
New York, NY 10271