[BwayDems] Home Sweet Home: We're ready to go!!

Eleni Bourinaris-Suarez Ebourinaris-suarez at council.nyc.gov
Tue Feb 4 17:25:37 EST 2014

[image: Office of Council Member Mark Levine, 7th
District]<http://council.nyc.gov/d7/html/members/home.shtml>

Thank you to the hundreds of supporters who joined me for my inauguration
to the New York City Council last
week<http://www.columbiaspectator.com/news/2014/01/27/levine-inauguration-thoughts-finding-common-ground-diverse-district>.
You could watch the full swearing in on our YouTube
page<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ck9n6vkdgg>.
It was an honor to share this exciting moment with residents, community
activists and friends from all across our diverse district.

I am thrilled to report that our new district office is now open and that
my team is ready to assist you with your needs. Over the last month, you
might have seen my team members at community meetings, schools, senior
centers, and events throughout the district. We are raring to go so please
let us know how we can help.

As of February 1st, we're in the following locations:

Main District Office: 1638 Amsterdam Avenue, on the corner of 141st Street

Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm

Phone: (212) 928-6814

Fax: (646) 582-1408

Satellite Office (to be open on February 18): 991 Amsterdam Avenue, on the
corner of 109th Street

Hours: Tuesday 2:00pm-6:00pm

Phone: (212) 666-9774

Or by appointment

City Hall Office: 250 Broadway Rm. 1747

Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm

Phone: (212) 788-7007

Our staffers are excited to be part of this community. Wherever we can
support community efforts or lend a hand, please reach out to us. Stop by
to say hi and get to know Team Levine:

Aya Keefe <akeefe at council.nyc.gov> - Chief of Staff

Amy Slattery <aslattery at council.nyc.gov> - Legislation and Budget

Eleni Bourinaris-Suarez <ebourinaris-suarez at council.nyc.gov> - Community
Services & Communications

Sabine Franklin <sfranklin at council.nyc.gov>- Community Services &
Scheduling

Fidel Malena <fmalena at council.nyc.gov> - Community Services

To reach the entire office, email District7 at council.nyc.gov

Our office is now accepting applications for our internship
program<http://www.scribd.com/doc/204536539/Internship-Posting-Council-Member-Mark-Levine>.
Join our team and experience working in local government first-hand.

Finally, in order to keep you abreast of what's happening in the district
and around the city we will be sending out an email twice a month with
updates and information about events in district. But we need your help to
keep the conversation going! If there's something happening in the district
that you think I should be aware of, no matter if it's big or small, tweet
@MarkLevineNYC <https://twitter.com/MarkLevineNYC> or call us at
212-928-6814. If you know of an event or service we should share with the
community please email us at District7 at council.nyc.gov.

We look forward to serving you!

Best,

Mark Levine

New York City Council Member, 7th District

Follow me on Twitter: @MarkLevineNYC <https://twitter.com/MarkLevineNYC>

EVENTS & UPDATES

Immigration Services

CUNY CitizenshipNOW! <http://www.cuny.edu/about/resources/citizenship.html>

First and third Wednesday of every month at our office on 1638 Amsterdam
Avenue.

** We will continue to build out our calendar of workshops and events.
Reach out to give us feedback and let us know what services you would like
to see in our district.

Calling all local photographers and wall artists

Do you have amazing New York City inspired art work you'd like to share?
Council Member Mark Levine will be dedicating space in our new office for
local artists to showcase their work each month. If interested, email
District7 at council.nyc.gov.

Free SNAP (food stamp) Application Assistance

Council of Senior Centers and Services <http://www.cscs-ny.org/>

Morningside Retirement & Health Services

100 LaSalle St., 1st Fl. - Ring Bell 144

February 4 and 18 from 10:00am-2:00pm

Nobody should go hungry in New York City.

Citibank customers affected by 111th Street fire

The site is being secured for construction. Right now customers can do
their banking via mobile ATM and a heated tent parked in front of the
building's entrance. The safety deposit boxes have been relocated to the
branch on 399 Park Avenue customers can call (888) 248-4226 for further
instructions.

New York City Parks

First Annual Fitness Marathon: Love your Body! at Marcus Garvey
Park<http://www.nycgovparks.org/parks/marcusgarveypark/events/2014/02/15/first-annual-fitness-marathon-love-your-body>

Saturday, February 15

9:30am-3:00pm

The LAGRANT Foundation

Graduate <http://www.lagrantfoundation.org/Graduate%20Scholarships> &
Undergraduate
<http://www.lagrantfoundation.org/Undergraduate%20Scholarships>Scholarship
Program

Now accepting applications for the 2014 scholarship!

Provides 15 scholarships annually to ethnically diverse minority
undergraduate and graduate students who are attending accredited
institutions and are pursuing careers in the fields of advertising,
marketing or public relations.

Petition to End Gun Violence in Schools

Local Washington Heights high school youth has been diligently reaching out
to elected officials, community members and peers to get them to sign his
petition to stop gun violence by implementing the Big Brother Big Sister
Program in New York City schools. Impressed by his initiative, we're
sharing the petition<http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stop-gun-violence/?m=0>.

Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance

The 11th annual Uptown Arts
Stroll<http://www.nomaanyc.org/2013/11/call-for-submissions-2014-uptown-arts-stroll-poster-contest/>

Local artists are invited to submit their work by February 21, 2013 to the
Northern Manhattan Arts Alliance. The winner will receive $500 and
exclusive graphic representation during the 2014 Uptown Arts Stroll.

*LEGISLATIVE UPDATES*

FY 2015 Non-City Capital funding application form

Non-City Capital (City
Council)<http://www.nyc.gov/html/capgrants/capgrants.html>This
application is only for non-profit and cultural organizations
interested in applying to the City Council for funding of Non-City Capital
Projects. Capital allocations to city agencies (for example, for city-owned
parks and recreation facilities, streets, branch libraries, CUNY projects,
and the like) are not required to submit this application. City
institutions such as public schools, parks and libraries do not have to use
this application. If you are a City Institution please contact your local
Council Member's Office and submit your request directly to the Member's
office. NYC DOE Schools- Schools interested in applying for capital
improvements or Reso A grants DO NOT need to fill out the non-city capital
application. Schools are asked to contact Council Members individually and
write a proposal letter for projects they wish to have considered for
funding.

Non-City Capital (Manhattan Borough
President)<http://manhattanbp.nyc.gov/html/budget/budget.shtml>Please
follow this link to retrieve specific forms and an instruction
pertaining to Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer's funding process.

Deadlines:

Borough Presidents applications are due by February 27, 2014

New York City Council applications are due by April 9, 2014

*Please Note: Groups interested in applying to both the Borough President
and the Council the deadline is February 27, 2014.

FY 2015 Discretionary/Expense Funds

FY 15 Discretionary Expense Application
Forms<http://council.nyc.gov/html/budget/application.shtml>

Deadline to submit the application is March 21, 2014.

Dept. of Cultural Affairs, Cultural Development Fund<http://www.nyc.gov/culture>

In order for a cultural group to be eligible to receive discretionary City
Council funding through DCLA as part of the Fiscal 2014 budget adoption
process, all groups must submit a Fiscal Year 2015 CDF Application. Please
note that organizations can apply for funding via CDF and Discretionary
funding via their Council Member (or only one type), however in order to
apply for discretionary funds via their Council Member, they must also
complete the CDF application by the deadline. Deadline: February 10, 2014