[BwayDems] Assemblyman Danny O'Donnell Endorses Robert Jackson for State Senate

Michael Oliva michaeloliva at mac.com
Fri Aug 15 09:48:00 EDT 2014

Assembly Member Danny O’Donnell Endorses Robert Jackson

Assembly Member Danny O’Donnell today endorsed Robert Jackson for State Senate, 31st District. O’Donnell represents the 69th Assembly District including the Upper West Side and West Harlem, an important high-turnout portion of the State Senate district. They announced they would be campaigning together later this month.  He joins former Councilmember Ronnie Eldridge and former Borough President Virginia Fields who endorsed Jackson earlier this week, and a long list people and groups who are supporting Jackson.

“Robert Jackson has a proven record of taking bold action and getting real results,” said Assemblyman O’Donnell. “Well beyond the remarkable leadership he’s provided on education, Robert has been an effective fighter for tenants’ rights and more affordable housing, fair wages and job training, and for equality and basic justice for all. While some people just talk about issues, Robert Jackson has the tenacity, passion and commitment to get the job done. He will be a strong partner in Albany fighting to make our streets safer, our schools better and to preserve and improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods. I’m proud to endorse Robert Jackson today."

“I thank Danny for his support, and for his leadership fighting for equality, tenants’ rights and progressive causes,” said Robert Jackson. “People across the District are joining our campaign because they want a full-time Senator who wants to be Senator and will fight for them every day. I am proud to have Danny’s support and look forward to working together to win this campaign and make a difference for the people of this District today and for generations to come.”

Jackson has previously been endorsed by Congressman Charles Rangel, former Mayor David Dinkins, State Senator Bill Perkins, former Borough President Virginia Fields, former Council Member Ronnie Eldridge, Council Member Inez Dickens, League of Conservation Voters, Stonewall Democratic Club, Jim Owles Liberal Democratic Club, Three Parks Democratic Club, Park River Democratic Club, Broadway Democratic Club, Tioga Carver Democratic Club, Fred E Samuels Democratic Club, Muslim Democratic Club, ATU Local 1181,Local 891, Operating Engineers, District Leader Cordell Cleare, District Leader Keith Lilly, District Leader Bob Botfeld, District Leader Cynthia Doty, District Leader Paula Diamond-Roman, District Leader Curtis Arluck, District Leader William Allen, District Leader Maria Luna, District Leader Earnestine Bell-Temple, District Leader Al Taylor and District Leader Earl Scott.

Read more on our website:
http://www.voterobertjackson.com/news-clips/assembly-member-danny-o’donnell-endorses-jackson

…or on Facebook…
https://www.facebook.com/VoteRobertJackson