[BwayDems] Fwd: That's Just How We Roll

LizSostre at aol.com LizSostre at aol.com
Sun Sep 8 21:05:27 EDT 2013

Why vote for someone else, if you believe John Liu is the best candidate
for Mayor? Vote for John and John can win! He is the only consistently
progressive candidate on all the issues.

Not the pundits. Not the pollsters. Not the power brokers.
The voters will decide.
Because in New York, that's just how we roll.
Whether on a Harley-Davidson Fat Boy, a Citi Bike or Hunter's Skateboard,
be sure to get to the voting booth
on Tuesday, September 10.
Because we have an election to win and #OneCity to change!

____________________________________
_STATEN ISLAND ADVANCE: "Campaigning on Staten Island, Democrat Liu plans
a Tuesday surprise for pollsters, pundits"_
(http://johnliu2013.com/r/E/NTUyOA/NjQ5NjY/0/0/bGl6c29zdHJlQGFvbC5jb20/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zaWxpdmUuY29tL25ld3Mva
W5kZXguc3NmLzIwMTMvMDkvcmVhZHlfdG9fcm9sbF9iZWhpbmRfaW5fdGhlX3BvLmh0bWwjISMh/
112/0) - 9/7/2013
EXCERPT - "On Tuesday, we're going to defy the pollsters and the pundits,"
he said. "The Staten Island victory is going to be the sweetest for me."
Liu, who was joined by his wife, Jenny, and son, Joey, has made numerous
stops in the borough during the campaign, and has a cadre of strong
supporters here.
A former motorcycle rider, Liu stopped at Lombardi's Harley-Davidson
dealership on Bay Street, telling owner Michael Lombardi that he had to give up
his bike when his son was born.
Lombardi told Liu that it was getting harder to stay in business in the
city. "It's one inspection after another," he said.
"We have to help people like you," Liu told him.
_
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS: "A Citi Bike ride with mayoral candidate John Liu"_
(http://johnliu2013.com/r/E/NTUyOQ/NjQ5NjY/0/0/bGl6c29zdHJlQGFvbC5jb20/aHR0cD
ovL3d3dy5ueWRhaWx5bmV3cy5jb20vbmV3cy9wb2xpdGljcy9uZXdzLWN5Y2xlLWNpdGktYmlrZS
1yaWRlLW1heW9yYWwtY2FuZGlkYXRlLWpvaG4tbGl1LWFydGljbGUtMS4xNDQ1NTQ2I2l4enoyZH
p5TUticXgjISMh/112/0) - 9/4/2013
EXCERPT - John Liu does not stop. By his own estimation the candidate has
attended more than 200 mayoral forums since he joined the race for mayor,
and will sometimes campaign all five boroughs in a single day.
Our Citi Bike ride was no different. Whereas other candidates have opted
for a ride around a childhood home or an easy pedal up the Brooklyn Heights
Promenade, Liu asked that we meet at a Citibike station at Macon Street
and Nostrand Avenue in Bedford-Stuyvesant -- the station furthest away from
our destination in midtown, Manhattan, six miles away.
True to form, Liu had scheduled his next meeting exactly one hour later,
and the guy intended to make it on time.
“It’s been an interesting ride for me,” he said as we sped along Dekalb
Avenue toward the Manhattan Bridge. “Every imaginable curve ball thrown at
me these past few years… but at end of day the voters will decide, not the
pundits, not the pollsters, not the power brokers, the voters.”

_TPM VIDEO: "NYC Mayoral Candidate Rides Reporter’s Skateboard"_
(http://johnliu2013.com/r/E/NTUzMQ/NjQ5NjY/0/0/bGl6c29zdHJlQGFvbC5jb20/aHR0cDovL2xpdm
V3aXJlLnRhbGtpbmdwb2ludHNtZW1vLmNvbS9lbnRyeS9ueWMtbWF5b3JhbC1jYW5kaWRhdGUtcm
lkZXMtcmVwb3J0ZXJzLXNrYXRlYm9hcmQtdmlkZW8jISMh/112/0) - 8/10/2013
EXCERPTS - New York City comptroller and mayoral candidate John Liu
grabbed this reporter's skateboard and took it for a brief ride outside the They
Might Be Giants concert at the Prospect Park Bandshell in Brooklyn
Saturday night.
Liu was standing outside the event greeting voters and asked to borrow
TPM's skateboard. Though he was wearing dress shoes, Liu, who was an avid
skater in his youth, jumped on the board and proceeded to do a rapid series of
turns.

(http://johnliu2013.com/r/E/NTUzMw/NjQ5NjY/0/0/bGl6c29zdHJlQGFvbC5jb20/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZmFjZWJvb2suY29tL0xpdS5OWUMjISMh/112/0)
(http://johnliu2013.com/r/E/NTUzNA/NjQ5NjY/0/0/bGl6c29zdHJlQGFvbC5jb20/aHR0cHM6Ly90d2l0dGVyLmNvbS9
qb2hubGl1MjAxMyMhIyE/112/0)
(http://johnliu2013.com/r/E/NTUzNg/NjQ5NjY/0/0/bGl6c29zdHJlQGFvbC5jb20/aHR0cHM6Ly9qb2hubGl1MjAxMy5jb20vdm9sdW50ZWVyIyEjIQ
/112/0)
Make sure you receive email from John Liu 2013. Add
_updates at johnliu2013.com_ (mailto:updates at johnliu2013.com) to your approved senders list.
(http://johnliu2013.com/opt_out/?p=MTEyLDY0OTY2LGxpenNvc3RyZUBhb2wuY29t) .
Friends of John Liu, P.O. Box 520631, Flushing, NY 11352 | (646) 490-9818
Copyright © 2013 John Liu 2013 - All Rights Reserved