[BwayDems] If you want to e-mail your "Dear Neighbor Letter" . . .

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Sun Sep 8 19:24:14 EDT 2013

Hi everyone!

Several people have asked me for the text to e-mail a "Dear Neighbor Letter," instead of stuffing your building. Here are all the candidate blurbs with an introductory paragraph which you will need to edit to your preferences. Don't forget to replace "your name" at the end with YOUR name.

Thanks, Paula

Dear
Friend,

The
primary election is on Tuesday, September 10th. I am e-mailing to ask you to
vote for the following five Democrats: John Liu for Mayor, Letitia “Tish” James
for Public Advocate, Scott M. Stringer for Comptroller, Gale Brewer for Borough
President, and Mark D. Levine for our newly redistricted 7th City Council
district.

John Liu for Mayor.John is the first
and only consistent voice demanding an end to “Stop and Frisk” which he has clearly identified as racial profiling. John will fight to increase
the minimum wage from $7.25 to $11.50 per hour so people can finally get out of
poverty. John supports legalizing marijuana, using the tax money raised for
education and keeping thousands of New Yorkers, especially people
of color, out of prison. With John as Mayor, rent control and
stabilization will be protected; affordable housing for low to moderate income New Yorkers will be developed. John Liu doesn’t change his positions from one day to the next; he
can be trusted to fight for us.

Letitia “Tish” James for Public Advocate.Tish has the
experience and ability to stand up to powerful interests and fight for New
York’s working families. As a member of the City Council, Tish introduced the
Safe Housing Act, ensuring that thousands of families in rental buildings
receive prompt and full repairs to their apartments. Her ongoing work has focused on social justice, women’s rights,
job development, and health care access. Letitia
“Tish” James is a strong voice for change.

Scott M. Stringer for Comptroller.Scott understands
how tough it is for middle and working class families to make it today. He will
bring the same integrity, experience and leadership to the office of
Comptroller that has defined his record in public service for the past twenty
years. Scott has utilized the Office of Borough President to ensure that all of
us have equal opportunity to succeed in this city. He will continue that work
as Comptroller, rooting out every last dime of waste, fraud and abuse in the
city budget so that we can keep more of our hard earned money where it
belongs—in our pocket. The New York Times, calls Scott “politically astute and ethically impeccable.” Scott
Stringer is the best candidate for Comptroller because he can be trusted.

Gale Brewer for Borough President.Gale has served the people of New
York for over 40 years as a bold and independent leader. Since 2002, she has
represented the Upper West Side on the New York City Council. She has passed
several ground-breaking laws, most recently leading the fight for Paid Sick
Leave. Because of Gale, employees can now take a day off if they are ill,
without fear of losing their job. There is no other candidate for Borough
President who works as hard or as effectively as Gale Brewer. That’s why she
was endorsed by the New York Times, which
said, “Gale Brewer stands out.”

Mark D. Levine for City Council.Mark is not just
another politician. Mark got his start as a bilingual math and science teacher
at a public middle school in the South Bronx. He founded Neighborhood Trust,
Upper Manhattan’s first and only community development credit union. He has
also been active for over 20 years as a community leader, fighting for
increased funding for mass transit and support for senior services. Because of
his integrity and his experience, Mark
Levine deserves our support.

See you
at the polls on Tuesday, September 10th!
Your Name