[BwayDems] Fwd: Choose New Energy for City Council

Ken2013 info at ken2013.com
Thu May 9 15:07:18 EDT 2013

[image: Ken2013] <http://www.ken2013.com/>

Dear Broadway Democrats Member,

My wife, Valerie, and I are expecting our first child in 2 short weeks. We
are overjoyed and excited to become parents, and we feel blessed to have
such a supportive community of family, friends, and neighbors around us.

I learned, from my father, the importance of giving back to my community.
As an immigrant to the US, my father worked hard, got his PhD from Columbia
and dedicated his career to public service working at the Voice of America
in Washington, DC. I hope to teach the same value of public service to my
son, as my father has with me.

I am running to become City Councilmember for the *6th District *of
Manhattan. I would sincerely appreciate your support at the Club’s
endorsement meeting on Thursday, May 9th at the Bank Street College, 610
West 112th Street.

The 2013 election is going to be a transformative one – bringing* *with it
a new mayor and new city government. I believe we need renewed energy in
City Hall to take on the big challenges that we will face.

We need someone in office that can provide practical solutions to our
City’s biggest problems. And at this time of change, we need members of the
city council who are not just politicians. We need a councilmember who can
bring some real life expertise to the table. I believe I have the energy we
need for a new City Hall, and hope to have your support to become
Councilmember of the 6th District.

I’m running for City Council for three reasons:

· *To support the Upper West Side‘s quality of life*

I will help small businesses that make up the fabric of our neighborhood. I
will focus on affordable housing, helping seniors and young families stay
on the Upper West Side.

· *To invest in our community’s future*

I will bring new energy and ideas to strengthen infrastructure, fight for
mass transit funding, improve energy efficiency, and help local businesses
create good-paying jobs for working families.

· *To stand for the values of our neighborhood*

I understand that the Upper west Side’s strength comes from the progressive
values we share. That’s why I’ll fight to improve the quality of our local
schools, stand for women’s rights, and keep the Upper West Side
age-friendly, family-friendly, and pet-friendly.

I know if we accomplish these three things, we will continue to live in the
greatest neighborhood of the world’s greatest city.

Please visit my website, www.Ken2013.com, to read more about my ideas for
City Hall. You can also read my biography, my platform, and all the great
things we’ve done in the community.

Again, I sincerely appreciate your support. Please feel free to reach out
to me to share about your vision for a new City Council. Because I know
that together, we will keep New York City moving forward.

Sincerely,

*Ken Biberaj*

Candidate for City Council, 6th District

646-707-0817

info at ken2013.com

www.ken2013.com

@kenbiberaj