[BwayDems] Support Cathy Guerriero for Public Advocate

Guerriero For Advocate guerrieroforadvocate at gmail.com
Thu May 9 14:49:18 EDT 2013

[image: Inline image 1] <http://cathyguerriero.com/>
Dear Broadway Democrat:

Thank you for the opportunity for me to put into writing some of what I
said at your recent forum. I see there have been at least a dozen letters
up on your listserv from candidates running for all manner of offices,
which is a tribute to the reach and importance of the Broadway Democrats.

I have been running for the Office of the Public Advocate of New York City
officially since last July. Since that time I’ve been in every
neighborhood in our city at least three times. I’ve listened to elected
officials, community leaders, civic and business owners, union leadership
and rank and file, and last but not least, members of political clubs just
like yours. What I’ve found out during the last several months is we have
truly some of the most informed citizens in the world!

You know first-hand the challenges we will face as we head into an election
year where almost the entire body politic will change. You also know more
about your neighborhoods than most, so it’s little wonder why I seek your
advice and guidance. I hope we can work together to bring light to the
issues that we both care so deeply about. We need all concerned voices
heard in order to add to the conversation about our neighborhoods, the
challenges of the present and the solutions for the future, both short and
long-term.

I am humbled by the support I’ve earned so far: endorsements from the
International Longshoremen’s Association Local 920, the NYC Detectives
Endowment Association, Captains Endowment Association, Lieutenants
Benevolent Association, Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police
Benevolent Association, Bridge and Tunnel Officers Benevolent Association,
Superior Officers Benevolent Association, NYC Assistant Deputy
Wardens/Deputy Wardens Association, NYC Correction Captains Association,
and the NYC Detectives Investigator’s Association. I will be announcing
more endorsements next week, including some prominent NYC clergy.
Obviously, I would be thrilled to announce the support of the Broadway
Democrats as well!

I am proud that our campaign is a genuine grassroots effort – for several
months I’ve been talking to parents concerned about the quality of
education their children will receive; small business owners worried about
over-regulation; union members fighting for fair wages and benefits; and
seniors trying to cut through the red tape as they seek city services they
both need and deserve. It will be my mission as Public Advocate to find
real solutions, provide referral services for those in need, and streamline
ways in order to deliver for our constituents.

I would love to put my entire political platform in this letter, but I know
you will have many other letters to read from many other candidates, so
please go to my website, cathyguerriero.com
<http://www.cathyguerriero.com>for more information on our campaign.

Working together, we can bring about positive change in making our city a
better place to live, work and raise a family.

Sincerely,
Cathy Guerriero