[BwayDems] Letitia James for Public Advocate

Tish James tish at letitiajames2013.com
Wed May 8 13:42:42 EDT 2013

Dear friends,

Recently, I went before members of the Broadway Democrats to reintroduce
myself and respectfully request your support in our campaign for New York
City Public Advocate.

As a City Councilwoman and progressive leader in our city, I have watched
Broadway Dems work hard to advance the progressive agenda on all levels.
Whether they are registering voters on an Upper West Side sidewalk,
petitioning to ban fracking, supporting Democrats up and down the ballot,
or participating in one of the many activities organized by the club,
Broadway Democrats make a real difference.

We share a desire to stand up for working people and seniors, preserve a
woman’s right to choose, and ensure social, economic, and environmental
justice for all.

These are the values I have pursued in the City Council, taking on powers
like the Atlantic Yards development, restoring funding for after-school
programs, and passing the Safe Housing Act, which helps protect New York
City tenants.

I’ll bring the same passion to the Public Advocate’s Office where I will
push for fair wages for working people, quality education for our children,
respect for our environment, and an end to the awful Stop and Frisk policy.

Our campaign continues to earn the support of prominent Democrats across
New York City including influential labor unions such as 32BJ SEIU, CWA
1180, UAW, Local 831 (sanitation workers), Local 802 (musicians), DC 1707
and Democratic clubs such as the Vanguard Independent Democrats, the
Central Brooklyn Independent Democrats, and Democracy for New York City
(DFNYC).

I would be truly honored to earn your support. With your help, we will win
this campaign for Public Advocate and make New York City stronger than
ever.

Sincerely,

Tish James

City Councilwoman