[BwayDems] DOH SCOPING MEETING POSTPONED

Daniel O'Donnell odonnelld at assembly.state.ny.us
Tue Jun 25 13:46:55 EDT 2013

Dear Neighbor,

I write with an update regarding the recently publicized Department of
Health (DOH) public scoping meeting on Jewish Home Lifecare's (JHL)
proposed nursing home. I am pleased to announce that the meeting,
originally scheduled for Thursday, June 27th, has been postponed. When I
first learned of the meeting, it was obvious that not enough time was
provided between the meeting's announcement and the date it was scheduled
to occur. To this end, as your state elected officials, Senator Bill
Perkins sent a letter to DOH Commissioner Nirav Shah, and I personally
spoke with Charles Abel, Acting Director of the DOH Division of Health
Facility Planning, to request that the meeting be adjourned until a later
date. This morning I received a call from DOH in response to our requests,
stating that the meeting will be postponed to an as-of-yet undetermined
date.

As many of you know, the meeting will allow for public comment on the
scope of the draft Environmental Impact Statement, which will analyze the
potential effects of Jewish Home Lifecare's West 97th Street proposal. I
will disseminate new information on the timing of this meeting as soon as
I receive it. In addition to the submission of testimony in person at the
scoping meeting, DOH will accept written or emailed testimony for ten days
after the meeting date.

I will continue to work to protect our community's health and safety, and
I will fight for what our neighborhood needs and deserves.

Very truly yours,

Daniel O'Donnell
Assembly Member