[BwayDems] Join Us TOMORROW at The Apollo

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Wed Aug 14 15:49:20 EDT 2013

A Message From John Liu 2013

Dear Friend,
You are cordially invited to a special event tomorrow evening, where John will share his bold ideas, vision and plan for New York City.
Thursday, August 15, 2013 at 6:00pm
The Apollo Theater
253 West 125th Street in Upper Manhattan
Tickets are FREE but seating is limited. Reservations are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
RSVP HERE
Some of the topics will include Jobs and Opportunities, Education, Public Safety, Housing and Infrastructure.
Also, in recent news, John was proudly endorsed by Our Time Press (see excerpts below). And in case you missed it last night, you can still watch last night's WABC-TV televised debate here.

OUR TIMES PRESS: "John C. Liu For Mayor: The People's Choice" - 8/8/2013
EXCERPTS - One of the reasons Comptroller John Liu should be elected as the next Mayor of New York City, is that he envisions a city centered on everyday people and their humanity... The big banks certainly don’t like Liu because he’s cost them billions of dollars already by opening up the handling of city bond sales to a competitive process that went beyond the “old boy” Wall Street network.
The polls say Liu is far behind. We believe they’re whistling in the dark. We’ve heard the murmurs when he comes to events and the heightening of applause when he’s introduced. This is not stuff of an advance team getting the members ready, this is generated by the gut recognition of someone who is recognized as being on your side.

On September 10, 2013, they can come out and vote for someone who has them at heart, and who the establishment keeps trying to push aside. Our Time Press is standing with that person. The polls be damned, we’re standing with John Liu for Mayor of New York.
WCBS: "Democratic Mayoral Candidates Square Off, Bash Bloomberg In Debate" - 8/13/2013
EXCERPTS - At the debate, Liu said the board “mischaracterized the campaign, but at the end of the day, they can keep their money,” because the campaign is really about people and a message.
And Liu talked about a Harlem woman he called Mrs. Brown, who he said has suffered both from stop-and-frisk – which has affected her children as they have walked to church or to the playground minding their own business – and a stagnant minimum wage. “Mrs. Brown is one of those people I will fight for, even if it means getting a target on my back,” he said.

Friends of John Liu, P.O. Box 520631, Flushing, NY 11352 | (646) 490-9818
Copyright © 2013 John Liu 2013 - All Rights Reserved