[BwayDems] Volunteering on Election Day

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Mon Nov 5 15:47:33 EST 2012

Hello --

Finally, tomorrow is Election Day!

Although, we are confident that all of the Bway Dems' candidates will win, we still need to make sure tomorrow goes smoothly. For some voters, this will be the first time using the relatively new scanners; for most voters, this will be the first time voting since redistricting changed all the EDs around. (Hopefully everyone will have seen the "hall cards" telling them where to vote and what ED they are.) Let's avoid Florida-style lines!

With all these changes, we could use your help tomorrow. (6am-9pm) We would like to have "spotters" at the multiple ED voting sites, directing people so that they don't wait on line, get discouraged, mutter about voter suppression, and being discouraged from voting next year. We have three ways for you to volunteer for tomorrow:

Respond to this e-mail with your hours of availability.Call us at 917-757-6058 or 917-757-9247.Show up at the table at "our usual spot" at the P.S. 165 on 109th Street, between Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue, on the south side.
We hope to see you tomorrow. Forward to Victory!Paula and Curtis