[BwayDems] Petitioning to Get Our Candidates on the Ballot!!!

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Fri Mar 23 21:51:28 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone!

Thursday night, the Broadway Dems endorsed Jerry Nadler (10th) and Charlie Rangel (13th) for Congress, Bill Perkins for State Senate (30th), Danny O'Donnell for State Assembly (69th), Rita Mella for Surrogate Court, Anil Singh, Verna Saunders and Melissa Crane for Civil Court (countywide), and Dan Cohen and Lynn Thomas for State Committee (69th).

A shortened petition period is underway so we have to get started petitioning to get our congressmen on the ballot for the primary on June 26th.  All of central Morningside Heights will be moved into the 10th District, now represented by Jerry Nadler. Manhattan Valley , Morningside Gardens , and Grant Houses will remain in Charlie Rangel’s district.

You have two ways to help. We will be hitting the streets, starting this weekend, to petition and register voters.  If you would rather petion in your building, come, pick up petitions!

We will be on Broadway and 110th Street tomorrow from 11am-2pm. Just look around for the table in front of either Westside Market or Starbucks. (The weather is supposed to be pleasant until 4pm.) Please let us know if you can join us this weekend or any other time!

Hope to see you on the street!!!

Paula, Curtis, and Joe
917-757-6508

P.S. It's finally settled: there will be a September Primary for local and State offices, and petitioning for most offices will follow the usual early June to early July timeframe.

P.P.S. We still need to endorse in the 31st district since the incumbent, Adriano Espaillat, may be running for Congress.