[BwayDems] REMINDER!!! Endorsement Meeting Tonight!

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Thu Mar 22 14:23:05 EDT 2012

Hello Everyone!

Just a reminder that tonight is the Endorsement Meeting at Bank Street College, between Broadway and Riverside. Refreshment/sign-in is at 7:45pm; the forum will begin at 8:00pm.  We plan to stick to a very strict schedule!!!

     8:15pm State Committee
     8:30pm Judges (Civil & Surrogate)
     9:00pm Congressional Candidates (10th & 13th)
     followed by State Senate (30th), Assembly (30th), and club business

There are major changes in the Congressional lines for our area. All of central Morningside Heights will be moved into the 10th District, now represented by Jerry Nadler as the 8th. The only part of our area that will remain in Charlie Rangel’s 13th district is Manhattan Valley, Morningside Gardens, and Grant Houses.

The lines for State Senate do not change significantly in our area. We will only be endorsing in the 30th District, now represented by Bill Perkins, since it is still unclear who the candidates are for the 31st district since the incumbent, Adriano Espaillat, is running for Congress.

The 69th Assembly District, now represented by Danny O’Donnell, doesn’t change much, but all Manhattan Assembly Districts move a little bit south.  As set forth in our Constitution, the blocks we lose are “grandfathered” into the club area so y’all can still vote.

See you tonight!!!
Paula & Curtis