[BwayDems] Elections Have Serious Consequences

Gretchen Borges gborges370 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 16:50:09 EST 2012

Elections Have Serious Consequences

*Adopt a candidate*

The initial decision by the Susan G. Komen Charity to halt its partnerships
with Planned Parenthood affiliates makes it very clear that New York
liberals must work together to elect progressives to Congress. I want to
challenge every NYC elected and every steering committee member of every
NYC democratic club to pick a swing district – either in NY or any other
state—and actively work to help the progressive candidate get elected. We
can raise money, we can phone bank, we can write letters. We must do
something to support and elect candidates will protect our core values.

I will work to re-elect Dan Maffei to represent NY 25th. He was defeated
in 2010 by Ann Marie Burkle by 567 votes (200,000 cast). He has worked for
Bill Bradley and Charlie Rangel. I will be seeking contributions from each
of you.

Which candidate will you sponsor?

Richard A Siegel

Steering Committee of Broadway Democrats