[BwayDems] Neighborhood Special! Join Senator Espaillat and the NYS Senate Democratic Conference Tomorrow Night at Mama Mexico

Kaufman, Noah kaufmann at ddc.nyc.gov
Thu May 5 12:30:27 EDT 2011

Thank you so much, Thursday night is also the candidates forum for
neighbors seeking a position as an elected representative to the
Community Education Council number 3, at JOA on w.93rd st.
Even though the US Department of Justice determined that the citizens of
our city no longer deserved an elected school board, and have placed
control of our community schools in the hands of one person, the Mayor,
there are many dedicated volunteers working to beat back privatization
of our public schools and trying to "keep the public in public schools"
and keeping the pressure on our "leaders" to ensure an appropriate
education for all our children -- demanding again and again that the
educrats be both accountable and transparent. So some in this
community will be elsewhere. Senator Espaillat himself knows that the
struggle over a school systems for fun and profit is far from over...
Noah K.