[BwayDems] Senator Bill Perkins' VIP Reception, Sunday, March 13th rsvp @ 212-222-7315 (Special tribute to Howard Dobson)

KEITH LILLY klilly513 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 3 11:54:39 EST 2011

Dear VIP,

Senator Perkins requests your attendance at a special community VIP
program and viewing of "Harlem Views and Diasporan Visions" on Sunday,
March 13, 2011, 2:00pm at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black
Culture located at 515 Malcolm X Boulevard aka Lenox Avenue (corner of
135th Street). "Harlem Views and Diasporan Visions" is a
photographic exhibit by the New Harlem Renaissance Photographers
(NHRP).

NHRP is made up of a group of Harlem "street photographers". These
are the men and women that have been covering community events and
documenting the lives of people in our communities and the diaspora.
One such photographer, Kwame "Eugene" Gervin who passed away in 2009,
was the inspiration for Senator Perkins to help form this group and
support this historic exhibit at the Schomburg. We will be taking
this opportunity to pay tribute posthumously to Mr. Kwame "Eugene"
Gervin with a presentation to his family. Photographers from NHRP
will also be available throughout the event to discuss their work with
you.

The afternoon will also include a special tribute and presentation to
Howard Dodson, Director of the Schomburg who will be retiring this
year after 26 years of leadership and commitment to this great
institution and to our community.

As you can tell this will be an extra special afternoon at the
Schomburg. Come view this incredible exhibit with Senator Bill
Perkins and your fellow VIP's. I have attached a copy of your VIP
invitation. Please call the number on the invitation (212) 222 7315
to RSVP. We look forward to seeing you there.

Sincerly,

Senator Bill Perkins' Office