[BwayDems] [Upper Manhattan United] THIS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21 @ 2:30 p.m: COMMUNITY PRESS CONFERENCE IN SUPPORT OF CONGRESSMAN CHARLES RANGEL

Jeffrey Margolies margoliesj at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 21 11:17:42 EST 2010

From: Upper Manhattan United <umunited09 at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 4:35 PM
Subject: [Upper Manhattan United] THIS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21 @ 2:30 p.m: COMMUNITY PRESS CONFERENCE IN SUPPORT OF CONGRESSMAN CHARLES RANGEL
To: umunited09 at gmail.com

MEDIA ADVISORY – FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION
THIS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 21 @ 2:30 p.m
COMMUNITY PRESS CONFERENCE
IN SUPPORT OF CONGRESSMAN CHARLES RANGEL

WHO: Local Elected & Spiritual Leaders, including NYS Assemblyman Keith LT Wright, City Council Member Inez Dickens, NYS NAACP Director Hazel Dukes, Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce President/CEO Lloyd Williams, Rev. Dr. Gregory Smith and Imam Izak-EL Mu’eed Pasha.

WHAT: Host Press Conference in Support of Congressman Charles Rangel
WHEN: Sunday November 21, 2010 at 2:30 p.m.
WHERE: Mother AME Zion Church (140-7 W. 137th Street)

Local leaders from a cross section of Upper Manhattan will host a press conference on Sunday, November 21 at 2:30 p.m. just outside Mother AME Zion Church (140-7 W. 137th Street) in support of Congressman Charles B. Rangel.

Elected, spiritual and community officials plan to express their pride in Rangel’s 50 years of public service to the nation and encourage members of Congress to stand by someone whose touched the lives of so many.

“Charlie Rangel has never forgotten where he came from, working hard to make sure that this community and so many others have their shot at the American Dream,” said Assemblyman Wright. “We want to let everyone know that we love our Congressman, that we have his back and that we want the Democrats to vote no to censure.”

Earlier this week, the House Ethics Committee found Rangel guilty of sloppy and careless mistakes, but not corruption, in the handling of his personal finances and support of a public service program at City College for minority students. The full House is expected to vote after the Thanksgiving break whether he should be censured for his errors.