[BwayDems] I know MOST of our candidates are shoo-ins BUT . . .

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Tue Nov 2 00:02:05 EDT 2010

Hello B'way Dems,

We're pretty sure Cuomo is going to beat Paladino and our Senate and local candidates are shoo-ins, but I'm seriously concerned about the polls today on the races for AG & Comptroller.  Eric Schneiderman and Tom Dinapoli are tied with their well-funded opponents. We need to remember that the Attorney General's job is different than that of a district attorney; a progressive A.G. focuses on things like prosecuting predatory landlords and protecting clinic access for women's services and leaves fighting crime to the capable D.A.s. we elected last year. That Attorney General is Eric Schneiderman. And, while the Comptroller's job is largely unglamorous, it important to have one who is responsible with our public investments and open about his investigations. That Comptroller is Tom Dinapoli.

Now, I know y'all already know this. But it's going to be cold tomorrow. You may have had a long day at work. You've heard things about the new machines. We need you to vote tomorrow. We've worked out most of the bugs in the new voting process and we'll have people at most of the polls. Voting will make you feel warm all over. Do a little work for Eric Schneiderman and Tom Dinapoli tomorrow and they will work for you for the next four years.

Thank you,
Paula Diamond Roman
Democratic District Leader, 69th AD part C

P.S. If you have a little extra time, stop at the O'Donnell Democratic Campaign Storefront at 940 Amsterdam Avenue between 106th and 107th Streets. They're sending people out to polls and subways and doing 'phonebanking.