[BwayDems] Fw: Public Advocate de Blasio's activities for Haiti on MLK Day

Paula Diamond Roman valleygirl109 at rocketmail.com
Sun Jan 17 22:02:40 EST 2010

From: State Committeeman Larry Hirsch <larryhirsch08 at gmail.com>
Subject: Public Advocate de Blasio's activities for Haiti on MLK Day
To: larryhirsch08 at gmail.com
Date: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 1:54 PM

Friends - Thought I would share with you an action you can be a part of to help the people of Haiti being coordinated by our Public Advocate Bill de Blasio tomorrow, Martin Luther King Day. All details are below. - Larry

Dear Friend,

Over the last few days, we have seen heartbreaking images of the horrible tragedy unfolding in Haiti.  One of the best and simplest ways to help the people of Haiti is to donate a few dollars to relief efforts via text message.  And, on Martin Luther King Day, the Public Advocate is hitting the streets to encourage New Yorkers to take a few seconds, and spend a few dollars for the people of Haiti.

Please join New York City’s Public Advocate Bill de Blasio and dozens of volunteers this Monday, January 18 from 12-4 PM at one of the locations below to leaflet flyers asking people to text-donate $5 or $10 – on the spot – for charitable organizations conducting Haiti relief work.  We hope to inform thousands of New Yorkers and tourists about this easy way to support Haitians in their time of need.

Staging Areas

1) Bronx – Corner of Fordham Road and Grand Concourse
2) Brooklyn – Corner of Fulton Street and Flatbush Avenue (Fulton Mall)
3) Manhattan – Corner of 14th Street and Broadway (Union Square)
4) Queens – Corner of Jamaica Avenue and 159th Street (Downtown Jamaica)
5) Staten Island - Details TBA, please call or email us
Please RSVP to Jose Davila at jdavila at pubadvocate.nyc.gov or (917) 502-6486..

We will be raising funds for the following causes:

American Red Cross Haiti Relief Effort
UN Relief for Haiti

Spread the word, bring a friend and spend a few hours during the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday helping those who need us most.

Thank you,
Friends of Bill de Blasio

Paid for by Friends of Bill de Blasio 2009

320 Seventh Ave #278
Brooklyn, NY 11215

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, click here