[BwayDems] Have Thoughts on the City's Budget? Please Complete the Progressive Caucus Budget Survey (from CM Melissa Mark Viverito)

Taranto, Joseph JTaranto at council.nyc.gov
Mon Apr 19 11:52:25 EDT 2010

Dear Constituents and Friends:

We all know that this is a tough time financially for our city and our
state. This year's budget is likely to be one of the leanest in recent
memory, with many services and institutions on the line for potential
cuts. At the same time, it is our responsibility to explore options for
increasing revenue to maintain essential services and a strong city.

The City Council plays a role in negotiating the City's final budget,
and before we take on that task, my colleagues in the Council's
Progressive Caucus and I would like to hear what you have to say. Follow
this link www.surveymonkey.com/nycbudget08 to make your voice heard on
the choices the city should make in these tough economic times.

Your input can be a valuable part of this process - and we want you to
weigh in on the options we have for making cuts and raising revenue. I
hope you will join up with interested New Yorkers from around the city
to fill out this survey www.surveymonkey.com/nycbudget08. And once you
are done, please forward the link to your friends.

Thanks for your participation, and look out for a report back on what we
learn from this survey in a few weeks.

Sincerely,

Council Member Melissa Mark-Viverito