[BwayDems] Aborn for DA Email Outreach Request for Broadway Dems - Thank You!

Emily Emery eemery at abornforda.com
Thu Sep 10 16:58:01 EDT 2009

Dear Broadway Democrats,

**Thanks to the support of passionate advocates like you - the Aborn for DA
campaign have an army of volunteers on Election Day.

But we still need to make sure everyone in Manhattan understands why this
election matters - and how we can stop crime before it starts. I need you
to do one more quick but important thing to win.

*Please email your friends a personalized version of the note below asking
them to join you in supporting me on Tuesday.*

1. Please *personalize* this letter and send it to all of your friends,
family and colleagues in Manhattan.
2. *Put email addresses in the BCC line to respect people's privacy.*
3. Please also include info at abornforda.com in the BCC line so that we
know that letters are going out.

Thanks so much for this, for all you've done already, and all you will
continue to do over the next few days!

Sincerely,
Richard Aborn
------------------------------
*
SAMPLE EMAIL

**Subject: An Election That Can Really Change Things*
*
To: Friends, Family and Colleagues in Manhattan
*
Dear <Friend>,

The September 15th election for Manhattan District Attorney offers us a
once-in-a-generation opportunity to transform our criminal justice system to
one that invests in our communities, and uses a progressive,
prevention-based approach to stop crime before it starts.

*I am strongly supporting Richard Aborn in this race. *Richard is the only
candidate who is serious about bringing about that progressive change. No
one will be tougher on violent crime, but Richard understands that there is
something wrong with a system when almost one in three African American men
spend a portion of their lives in prison, and where four out of five young
offenders will be re-arrested within a few years of their first offense.

Over the next several days, please join me in helping Richard by signing up
to volunteer, making whatever contribution you can afford, emailing your
friends and colleagues, and above all, turning out to vote for Richard on
September 15th.

*This is going to be an extremely close election.* All the candidates have
relatively the same amount of resources and all of them started with
relatively low name recognition. That means the campaign with the
strongest message – and the best turnout operation – is going to win.

Richard’s message is resonating (and you can read the New York Times report
on that at http://tinyurl.com/abornnytimes), and the campaign is building an
unprecedented field operation (as reported by the Daily News at
http://tinyurl.com/abornnydailynews).

But to win on September 15th, we need every person who believes in Richard’s
vision to join what Congressman Jerry Nadler called the most diverse
coalition “from every community of any candidate in this race…uptown, down,
straight, gay, black, white, Hispanic, labor - you name it."

Over the next several days, I will be joining Richard on the campaign trail,
knocking on doors, making calls and talking to voters, day and night. With
our help, he can win on September 15th.

*Will you join me and help Richard make our criminal justice system more
progressive and effective? *

To sign up to volunteer, please go to http://www.abornforda.com/volunteer,
or to make a contribution, go to http://www.abornforda.com/contribute.

Thank you. I look forward to joining you on the campaign trail.

Sincerely,
<Your Name>