[Water News] What public utilities ought to know about inflation and interest rates

Brian Gongol brian at gongol.net
Mon Jun 12 00:15:13 EDT 2017

In case you missed it, we offered two presentations at the Iowa Water Environment Association annual conference this past week. One addressed the different options available for providing backup operations in case of events like power failures at pumping stations, and the other gave a high-level overview of life-cycle cost approaches to product purchases, especially in light of today's very low interest rates and low inflation.

Slideshows of both talks are now available online:

"When $1.00 Today is Worth $2.50 Tomorrow":
http://gongol.net/newsletter/2017/06/07/

"Backup Power Options for Emergency Pumping":
http://gongol.net/newsletter/2017/06/08/

As with all of our presentations, we are pleased to offer them to qualified trade groups, engineering firms, and public works/utilities (and others) upon request. See the full list of talks at http://gongol.net/presentations.