[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - January 11, 2011

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Tue Jan 11 16:04:39 EST 2011

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

State of Minnesota sues 3M over water contamination:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/01/03/

When steel costs more, blame flooding in Australia:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/01/04/

What's in bottled water? Not as little as one might think:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/01/06/

Iowa may already be in a cycle of having more floods, more often:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2011/01/07/

Featured product: Engine-backup pump stations

It won't be long before winter thaws and we enter the spring storm
season. Many storms pack a powerful punch with wind and lightning --
both of which can lead to power outages.

When the power goes out, most people think about things like the food in
their refrigerators -- not whether they'll be able to use the sink or
the toilet. But since almost all lift stations are run primarily using
electricity, when power is lost, communities need to have an alternative
method available to ensure that the sewage keeps flowing away from homes
and businesses.

This can be done using portable pumps or electrical generators, but
Gorman-Rupp's Auto-Start lift stations provide an even more integrated
option, combining an engine-driven pump with automatic switchover back
to electrical power. Auto-Start lift stations are a reliable means to
ensure that essential community services like wastewater continue to
operate, even when the power goes out.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/liftstations/enginebackup or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/