[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - July 6, 2010

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Tue Jul 6 18:04:24 EDT 2010

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

How to size a household well pump:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/06/28/

Bypass pumps and their role during floods:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/06/29/

Gates drop at Saylorville, sending high waters into downtown Des Moines:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/07/01/

Planning ahead to insure against catastrophe:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2010/07/02/

Featured product: Chlorine monitors

Chlorine must be monitored by water and wastewater systems for a variety
of reasons -- from ensuring that clean water has been sufficiently
disinfected for the health and safety of municipal water customers to
guaranteeing compliance with Federal and state standards requiring that
wastewater discharged into rivers and streams has been adequately
dechlorinated in order to protect aquatic life. It's a worthwhile
challenge, of course, since chlorine's role in protecting our
drinking-water supplies is regarded as one of the top public-health
achievements in modern times.

We offer chlorine monitors from Analytical Technology, Inc. (ATI) that
allow for continuous, automatic measurement of chlorine without any
complicated chemical mixing or guesswork using paper strips and color
charts. Maintenance requirements for ATI's chlorine monitors are minimal
-- a sensor head can be refreshed for months of reliable service in ten
minutes or less.

And because chlorine gas can be extremely dangerous, we also recommend
that any facility using chlorine have toxic-gas sensors in place -- and
regularly tested -- to ensure the safety of everyone around. We are
pleased to offer those on behalf of ATI as well.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/watersensors/chlorine or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/