[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - September 14, 2009

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Tue Sep 15 01:57:17 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

Burlington, Iowa, fights a sewer leak into the Mississippi River:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/09/08/

Clean water and troubled mobile home parks:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/09/09/

Nebraska regulators seek comments on new fecal-coliform rules:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/09/10/

Davenport, Iowa, looks at how to deal with collapsing sewer pipes:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/09/11/

Featured product: Lagoon baffles

We're reaching the time of year when many lagoons go through a period of
temperature inversion, as water that's been sitting on top of the lagoon
cools and sinks to the bottom of the lagoon. The inversion can reveal
the presence of dead zones in the lagoon which need treatment,
especially if aeration is being added.

One highly effective method is to use a combination of lagoon baffle
curtains and retrievable lagoon aeration systems to create a long,
serpentine flow pattern within the lagoon that forces the water to pass
through several aeration zones along the way. By creating an intentional
flow pattern with the baffles, we're able to reduce the impact of dead
zones within the lagoon while simultaneously cutting down on the amount
of aeration equipment required to make the system work.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/baffles/lagoonbaffles/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed

If you have any comments to share with us about this newsletter, or if
you have questions about any of our products, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/contact/ and let us know. Thanks for reading.

Sign up

If you were forwarded this newsletter, sign up to receive it
automatically at http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/subscribe/weeklywaternews/