[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News - July 6, 2009

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Mon Jul 6 13:39:01 EDT 2009

Thanks for reading this week's edition of our weekly water news report.
Please feel free to forward this news to a colleague.

Highlights from the past week

Omaha is working on ways to pay for $1.6 billion in upcoming
sewer-separation projects:
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/29/

How could one little old lady use more water in a month than the average
household uses in a year?
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/06/30/

Water towers have a funny way of becoming an important part of a
community's identity. But are they worth maintaining when they're no
longer useful?
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/07/01/

Household preparations for long-term absences (like holiday weekends):
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/newsletter/2009/07/02/

Featured product: Turbidity barriers

With lots of Federal funding being funneled into construction projects,
we're noticing increased interest in our turbidity curtains, which can
help prevent stormwater runoff from polluting creeks, streams, and
bodies of standing water. Turbidity curtains help prevent solids from
polluting the water by halting their energetic flow away from the
construction site. This keeps rocks, debris, heavier dirts and clays,
and other contaminants from becoming suspended in the receiving body of
water.

If you'd like to know more, please visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/turbiditybarriers/ or call us at
515-223-4144 and ask for details.

Your comments are welcomed