[Water News] DJ Gongol & Associates Water News

Brian Gongol waternewsadmin at pumpstoreusa.com
Mon Mar 30 20:43:17 EDT 2009

Highlights from the past week

Coverage of the flooding in North Dakota was a major highlight this week:
http://www.gongol.net/newsletter/2009/03/23/
http://www.gongol.net/newsletter/2009/03/25/
http://www.gongol.net/newsletter/2009/03/26/

The attorney general is getting serious about suing wastewater licensees
in Iowa:
http://www.gongol.net/newsletter/2009/03/24/

A dam break in Indonesia kills dozens of people:
http://www.gongol.net/newsletter/2009/03/27/

Featured product

We hope that in light of the massive flooding hitting North Dakota right
now, people around the country are taking a serious look at their flood
preparedness. Floodwaters can rise in severity with little warning, and
it's not always possible to deploy sandbags or build earthen dams
everywhere they're needed on short notice. Moreover, when the floods
occur in cold weather -- like they're doing around Fargo right now -- it
may be downright treacherous or even impossible to move the right
equipment or to shift the soil in order to protect nearby homes and
businesses. We're eager to tell people about the Aqua Dam from Layfield,
which can act as a portable dam for emergency use. The Aqua Dam is quite
literally a dam held up by the force of the water inside it, so it's
fast and easy to deploy, requiring only a fraction of the manpower of a
comparable sandbag-based levee.

If you'd like to know more, visit
http://www.pumpstoreusa.com/portabledams/ or call us at 515-223-4144 and
ask for details.