[SecViz] missing things at security visualization

Oguz Yarimtepe oguzyarimtepe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 04:44:31 EST 2010

Hi all,

I am a new member to the list. I am a ph.d. student at computer engineering department in Turkey, interested in real time anomaly detection.

I started to investigate security visualization and the subject itself came so exciting to me. I was trying to understand what is missing or what is required at visualization. I read some articles of Raffael Marty and his current approach was that current products are not enough mature and user friendly. They are not designed for user experiences. His future predictions involves that we will have huge data to be examined and the necessity of real time interactive visualization will be still a requirement.

I would like to ask the list members' opinion also. I tried some open source tools, read many part of the Applied Secutity Visualization and examined some latest papers related with security visualization. What do you think what will be a good contribution for security visualization? What is the status of current commercial products? Are they good at real time anomaly detections with interactive queries?

Will be glad if you share you experiences.

--
Oguz Yarimtepe <oguzyarimtepe at gmail.com>