[geeklog-users] geeklog performance

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 22:25:41 EST 2005

Robin,

There may be some tweaking that needs to be done in your
configuration.  I have a PII-300 with 384MB of RAM and I rarely see a
page load over 1.25 seconds (and average load time is about 0.9
seconds).

Another possibility, if you run a lot of other software on your
machine (such as X-Windows, window manager, etc) you may be running
into memory paging problems.  Short of kill'ing some programs, the
only solution to this is to add more memory.

Also, are you using any plugins?  Some plugins require a lot of
processing or do many DB queries.  (The worst offender I know of is
the stats plugin, which has been known to slow sites alot).

I'd also recommend trying a released version of Geeklog (such as
1.3.11).  Sometimes CVS contains intermediate code which actually
slows systems (depending on what day you checked stuff out).

Good Luck.

-Vinny