[geeklog-users] geeklog performance

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Wed Dec 29 08:58:45 EST 2004

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me out with a performance problem I'm
having with my geeklog site (http://robinbowes.com)?

According to the timing at the bottom of the page, the front page takes
between 1.5-2 seconds to create, which I think is rather slow. Some
topic pages load in around 0.5/0.6 seconds, but I think even that is a
little slow.

The box is a dual CPI PIII with 1.5GB RAM.
Storage is software RAID created from 6x250GB SATA drives.
System is Fedora Core 3, with apache 2.0.52, php 4.3.9, mysql 4.1.7.
geeklog is latest from CVS as of about 1 hour ago.

Load average is barely above 0.0, 375MB RAM is used (excluding cache and
buffers).

I've tried disabling plugins (RDF blocks, images, etc) but that didn't
seem to make much difference.

Any sugestions?

R.
--