[geeklog-users] Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/.charmian/tabi/geeklog-1.3.8-1/system/lib-custom.php on line 111

Timur Tabi timur at tabi.org
Fri Oct 3 08:24:14 EDT 2003

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net wrote:

> open_basedir is a restriction that some hosting services are using. It
> means that access to files is restricted to certain directories.
>
> So whatever you have in line 111 in lib-custom.php, it is trying to
> access a file that is not in one of the allowed directories. That may be
> due to a wrong path.
>
> If you can't figure it out yourself, please post the relevant(!) portions
> of the code here.

Ok, here's the code:

     $pos = strrpos ($adminurl, '/');
     if ($pos === false) {
         // only guessing ...
         $installdir = $_CONF['path_html'] . 'admin/install';
     } else {
         $installdir = $_CONF['path_html'] . substr ($adminurl, $pos + 1)
                     . '/install';
     }

     if (is_dir ($installdir)) {				[line 111]
         $insecure_msg .= '<p>You should really remove the install
directory <b>$
         $insecure_msg .= ' Keeping it around would allow malicious
users the ab$

         $secure = false;
     }

I don't know Perl, so I can't debug this.  Also, this has to do with the
installation directory, which is odd, since GeekLog is already installed
and otherwise working perfectly.

--
Timur Tabi
timur at tabi.org