[geeklog-users] Problem with User Registration

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Tue Jun 10 19:36:05 EDT 2003

I downloaded and installed Geeklog - all seemed to go well.
I installed to /home/geeklog, and gave apache full ownership of the
directory.  Then I made the virtual site point to that directory.
Everything loads up just fine.  I can register a new user just fine, but
the email that should be sent to the new user when they register never
arrives in their inbox.

This is on a Gentoo Linux 1.4 system, which is serving email for me and my
family with sendmail.

Looking at /var/log/syslog, I see the following entry:

Jun  9 19:19:29 lancelot sendmail[25209]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(apache): can not
write to queue directory /var/spool/clientmqueue/ (RunAsGid=0,
required=209): Permission denied

The /var/spool/clientmqueue directory is owned by UID/GID smmsp, and has
owner/group perms for read/write/execute, but no "other" perms at all.
I've tried adding apache to the smmsp group, and that didn't help.

I don't want to mess with perms on that clientmqueue directory, for fear of
causing a security problem, or worse, breaking my mail server.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steven