[geeklog-users] Installation error

geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-users-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Fri Aug 1 06:25:50 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am new to PHP and MySQL, so I have probably brought this error on myself.

I have installed geeklog 1.3.8 on a linux box running Apache 1.3.14,
php4.0.4, and MySQL 3.23.36.

I am fairly sure the installation has not succeeded, but I get neither error
message nor success message.

phpMyAdmin shows my geeklog database has 39 tables, all of which have 0
records in them.

When I try opening my geeklog site in a browser, I get the following error:
"1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 1.

The full SQL, from error.log is:

SELECT DISTINCT ft_name FROM gl_access,gl_features WHERE ft_id = acc_ft_id
AND acc_grp_id IN ()

It would seem that the list at the end is not supposed to be empty. However,
I am at a loss as to how to fix it.

I have tried dropping the database, and re-running install.php, but again, I
get neither error nor success message from that.

There are no errors in error.log from the installation.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanking you in advance for any and all help,

Cheers!
Nik.