[geeklog-translations] Language files in Geeklog 1.3.9rc1

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Feb 21 11:40:34 EST 2004

I wrote:

>I will compile a (probably
>short) list of the text strings that have changed since 1.3.8, as my
>script did not catch those, and post it here later this week.

Sorry, took me a bit longer than expected. Here it is now:

in $LANG21

old: 18 => "Please fill in the Block Title, Security Level and Content
fields",
new: 18 => 'Please fill in the Block Title and Content fields',

There's no way you can not fill in the security settings for a block ...

also in $LANG21

old: 31 => 'Error in PHP Block.  Function, $function, does not exist.',
new: 31 => 'Error in PHP Block.  Function, %s, does not exist.',

With $function, it can't display the actual function name here.

and again in $LANG21

old: 42 => "You must enter the blockorder and security level for Geeklog
default blocks",
new: 42 => 'You must enter the block title and block order for Geeklog
default blocks.',

That message was simply wrong in telling the user which entries had to be
filled in.

in $MESSAGE

old: 6 => "Your display preferences have been successfully saved.",
new: 6 => 'Your preferences have been successfully saved.',

The "Display Preferences" menu entry (in the User Functions block) was
renamed to "Preferences" in 1.3.8.

also in $MESSAGE

old: 21 => "The new user has been successfully saved.",
new: 21 => 'The user has been successfully saved.',

That message was confusing, as it always said a _new_ user was saved,
even if you only edited an existing user's information.

That's all (5 changes). All the other new text strings have already been
merged into the language files. You only need to translate them. Please
note that a few previously empty strings are now being used, so not all
new strings are at the end of the arrays.

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.haun-online.de/
http://www.macosx-faq.de/