[geeklog-translations] How to set the Geeklog language from English to anything else globally?

geeklog-translations-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-translations-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Fri Dec 26 04:34:42 EST 2003

Hello,

  I would like to know how to change the Geeklog language from it's
  default state "English, en_gb" to any other language.

  I've noticed the language folder contains several language files. I
  checked in the config.php and saw what I believe might effect the
  locale.

  My questions are, what do I change in config.php so to change the
  language of the site on a global level? Are these lines the most
  important under locale settings and are the following lines the only
  lines needed to be tweaked so to effect the language?

$_CONF['language']  = 'english';
$_CONF['locale']    = 'en-gb';
$_CONF['rdf_language']    = 'en-gb';

  Do I replace english with let's say the title of the language file
  found in the language folder?

  e.g. to link to the german_formal.php file do I do this?

$_CONF['language']  = 'german_formal';

  If the above is correct, how do I find out the abbreviation to
  locale and rdf_language?

If the above is wrong can someone help correct me?

Sorry but I never had the need to change the language from it's
default "English" as it was always good for me. I would like to look
into changing the languages. Can someone help me out?

Thank you for your time.

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

GeekLog v1.3.8-1sr3
apache_2.0.48-win32-x86-no_src
mysql-4.0.17-win-noinstall.zip
php-4.3.4-Win32.zip
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1