[geeklog-modules] Support for Geeklog Developers

geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Thu Oct 9 15:38:43 EDT 2003

I wanted to give my support to and express my appreciation for the Geeklog
Developers.  The Security flap brought on by Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro
is both uncalled for done in a rude manner.  I guess he is just trying to
make a name for himself, by showing his superiority.  At the very least he
needs to take some lessons in manners and common courtesy.

I know that when I write software, a little of me goes into that software
and when people criticize and complain it hurts.  It is a little easier to
take when I am getting paid -- my customers have a right to expect my best
effort.  But when I write open source software and donate my work and
receive nothing but criticism because it does not do what someone else wants
or work in the manner they like or does not have as much documentation as
they want (cause their dummies -- oops let that one slip).  It makes me say
why bother.  I will do what I want, screw everyone else.  But then my better
half takes over and I continue.

I think Lorenzo Hernandez Garcia-Hierro has a lot of nerve, and no decency,
to take Geeklog, use it, and criticize the developers for their lack of
responding to his demands.

Anyway Thanks Dirk, Tony, Blaine and Dwight for your work.  Do not let this
jerk discourage you or make you feel bad, your work is appreciated.

--
Tom Willett
tomw at pigstye.net