[geeklog-modules] Center block API

geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Sun May 11 11:31:44 EDT 2003

Okay, I see.  Well, it's definitely much better than we have now.

JD

----- Original Message -----
From: <geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net>
To: <geeklog-modules at lists.geeklog.net>
Sent: Sunday, May 11, 2003 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: [geeklog-modules] Center block API

JD,

This is being implemented as a Plugin API and thus will only look
for
registered plugins to see if they have such a function.
All the plugin API's are like this.

So example. If I am making a plugin called mystuff and its
installed and
tested. When  PLG_showCenterblock() is called, it will look for a
function
called plugin_centerblock_mystuff(). If it exists - it will be
executed.

You could modify index.php and add a call to your own centerblock
routine -
right after the call to PLG_showCenterblock. I have done that on
my site.

GL needs to know what possible functions to call and using
registered
(installed) plugins is one such way. I'd imagine we could also
use the name
of installed blocks and see if there is such a defined function
as well. So
if I have a stockblock that I want to show in the center. Look
for
phpblock_centerblock_stockblock();

Blaine