[geeklog-modules] Center block API

geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Sat May 10 17:27:37 EDT 2003

Blaine wrote:

>So... each plugin can configure these variables either tru a common admin
>(all plugins - yet to be developed) or individual plugin admin, or via
>modifiying the plugin function?

It would be up to the plugin to provide any form of user interface for
these options. At least that was my idea ...

For example, the position of the block could simply be a an option in the
plugin's config.php file. Or the author of a plugin could decide to not
make this configurable at all.

Admittedly, there's a bit of a problem here with the topics. Since topic
IDs are configured in Geeklog directly, having those in (e.g.) the
plugin's config.php file bears the risk of them getting out of sync. In
this case, the author of the plugin may need to do some more work and
actually provide a setup form for them ...

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.haun-online.de/
http://www.tinyweb.de/