[geeklog-modules] geeklog hack tutorial?

geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Sun Jun 15 22:58:53 EDT 2003

MessageLuke,

Have you checked out the plugin developers guide. It's referenced on the main geeklog.net site - upper left block.

What level of integration are you trying to achieve?
 - integrated user and security authentication between products: Check out the 4images integration
 - integrated look, wrapping geeklog around the OSCommerce app
 - Full plugin level integration (user, security, menu, header/footer, search install/de-install etc ...)

Blaine
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
  To: geeklog-modules at lists.geeklog.net
  Sent: Sunday, June 15, 2003 9:49 PM
  Subject: [geeklog-modules] geeklog hack tutorial?

  Hey all,

  I am a relatively experienced geeklog user. I know PHP reasonably well and am very comfortable operating Linux in general. Now, I love Geeklog - its slick, fast, attractive and adaptable. But, it doesn't have any e-commerce plugins or hacks (that I can find). The other alternative is to use OSCommerce which has all the e-commerce tools that anyone could want, and more. But, it ugly as heck and hard to design themes for. Plus, its e-commerce overkill for my needs. I also need a billing solution and a support ticket solution.

  Now, having been frustrated for months not being able to keep Geeklog AND get my e-commerce hacks/ plugins I am forced to try my hand at weaving one or more of these applications together. I have already started (typical techie fashion) to outline the variables that will need to be replaced in the billing application (which is what I will start with) and what variables I will need to add to this from Geeklog - Things like lib-common,php, $uid, etc.

  Now, I know that with time I will get this working (im very stubborn and have no other viable option that suits my needs right now), but I was wondering if any of the developers or other plugins/hack writers have put together a 'guide' or how-to that might shorten my work load by listing the major components of geeklog and their function so that I can clearly map out my 'game plan'?

  Any suggestions along these lines are welcome!

  Luke