[geeklog-modules] Re: Upated Forum Archive - version 0.94

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Sun Jan 5 18:21:07 EST 2003

Blaine, one thing the user's on my site really want (and me too) is a
way to filter anonymous posts from forums.  This is a bit complicated.
But the idea is:

1) in user settings allow them to filter out anonymous posts.  You
*could* just use the same filter settings GL uses OR start your own.  I
don't have much of an opinion on it though separating them would make it
more flexible
2) If a user is filtering anonymous posts and a new topic is started by
an anonymous post, hide the topic all together.
3) If a user is filtering anonymous posts for a topic, give a count of
filtered posts somewhere on the page.  Also, give a link to 'show all
posts'.

--Tony