[geeklog-modules] Center block API

geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net
Sat Oct 5 06:58:26 EDT 2002

I like your idea of making a flexible centerblock so we can place
it in different positions on the frontpage and topics.  Having
them between stories would be nice too, but I personally would
not miss this if it's not included.

I'm confused though on how someone would use this feature.  Say I
wanted to make three different center blocks...two on the
front-page (one top, one bottom) and the third at the top on a
specific topic.  Would this require making a totally separate
plugin for each or could one plugin do as many different
centerblocks as a person wants?  What I'm thinking of is a
similar functionality as we already have in the block manager but
for the center.

JD

----- Original Message -----
From: <geeklog-modules-admin at lists.geeklog.net>
To: <geeklog-modules at lists.geeklog.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 5:27 PM
Subject: Re: [geeklog-modules] Center block API

Blaine wrote:

>So... each plugin can configure these variables either tru a
common admin
>(all plugins - yet to be developed) or individual plugin admin,
or via
>modifiying the plugin function?

It would be up to the plugin to provide any form of user
interface for
these options. At least that was my idea ...

For example, the position of the block could simply be a an
option in the
plugin's config.php file. Or the author of a plugin could decide
to not
make this configurable at all.

Admittedly, there's a bit of a problem here with the topics.
Since topic
IDs are configured in Geeklog directly, having those in (e.g.)
the
plugin's config.php file bears the risk of them getting out of
sync. In
this case, the author of the plugin may need to do some more work
and
actually provide a setup form for them ...

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.haun-online.de/
http://www.tinyweb.de/