[geeklog-modules] Returning icon for moderation.php

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Tue Dec 31 06:24:19 EST 2002

Here's a similar issue to the one about the entry for the Admin menu (see
yesterdays posts):

Plugins should check for the proper access rights before returning an
entry and icon for moderation.php from plugin_cclabel_<pluginname>.

For example, for the default Moderator account, I see icons for the
Forum, the Chatterblock, and for my very own Classifads plugin even
though the Moderator does not have Admin access to those plugins.

Actually, the change in the plugin API that allows a plugin to return an
empty entry from plugin_cclabel_<pluginname> was only introduced in
Geeklog 1.3.7, so I'd like to point it out to you here:

--- snip (from docs/history) ---
- Plugins can now return "false" (or an empty array) from
  plugin_cclabel_<plugin-name> so that the plugin's icon does not show up
  in moderation.php if the user does not have the proper access rights for the
  plugin. Changed the Static Pages plugin to do exactly that.
--- snip ---

bye, Dirk

--
http://www.haun-online.de/