[geeklog-devel] Geeklog.net 2.1.0 Beta 1 Upgrade

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Sun Mar 9 15:44:03 EDT 2014

Okay,

I have updated Geeklog.net to the still unreleased Geeklog 2.1.0 Beta 1. I
ran into an issue when upgrading. Geeklog upgraded fine but none of the Core
Plugins did. The upgrade for them did not seem to run so I had to go into
the Plugins Admin form and update them each manually by clicking the update
icon. I checked the table structures and config values and they all seem to
be correct for 2.1.0 but if anyone notices anything out of the ordinary
please let us know by posting to this mailing list (as I could have missed
something).

Kenji ITO you mentioned you tested the upgrade without issue. Did the
plugins upgrade as well?

If anyone else has time can they test the upgrade procedure please and
report back on success or failures!

In the next few days if no one has any problems I think I will post the
Geeklog 2.1.0 Beta 1 release... Unless people think I should do it now?

For Geeklog.net I have changed a few things in the configuration:

- The default postmode is now HTML for submissions
- The default editor is CKEditor
- Default Cache time for new articles and staticpages is 86400 seconds (1
day)
- New geeklognet_theme which is based on the Modern Curve theme. It just
contains the changed template files needed.

One bug that I notice in the error.log file  that will have to be looked
into regarding the XMLSitemap plugin is:

Sun Mar  9 14:00:04 2014 - 192.186.69.6 - SitemapXML::sendPing: HTTP error
code: 404

Thanks

Tom