[geeklog-devel] Geeklog and Search Engines

Tom websitemaster at cogeco.net
Mon Mar 25 11:24:31 EDT 2013

I have noticed a few links in the Google search result that point to my site
like so:

www.mysite.com/index.php/blog/

Now I don't have url rewriting enabled (not that it matters as it does the
same thing either way) and no blog directory. I am wondering if we should
try to check for things like this as it is not a good idea to produce
duplicate content for the search engines.

We use canonical links for things like articles to get around these issues
but it doesn't really work for the homepage.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Tom